Anyone with children or pets knows that furniture can be vulnerable to spills, dirt, oils and other contaminants. We spend much of our time relaxing on couches, sofas, chairs, and other furniture making memories that often involve food, drinks, stains, and grime. With countless spills, paw prints, and quality naps, our favorite chairs and couches get run down and lose their original radiance.
Thankfully, most cleaning challenges can be conquered with enough time and energy. But there are some problems that are tricky – like how do you keep your upholstery looking nice when everyone is always climbing all over it? After all, it’s not like you can spray it down and scrub it.
There comes a time when you need to call in the professionals to help you keep your furniture looking fresh for years to come. Here are some signs that your furniture needs upholstery cleaning:
- When stains are visible: Years of enjoying your morning coffee or a glass of wine in the evening, or maybe even a slightly melted popsicle or greasy chip crumbs, will take a toll on your furniture. Sure, you can try the regular stain removing products, but if you catch the stain too late or it just won’t budge, you might need to think about getting your furniture professionally cleaned.
- When pets shed: Many of us agree that our pets are part of our family, and in many cases, they jump on the furniture to get comfortable or to cuddle. Our furry friends shed a lot of hair which can get embedded into the fibers and hard-to-reach places of our furniture. It is important to practice good habits that will keep your pets from ruining your upholstery.
- When you’re experiencing allergies: If you are experiencing more allergy symptoms than usual, your upholstery could be the cause. Pollen, dust, and pet dander are absorbed by the upholstery and get released into the air when the furniture is disrupted. To get rid of them, you must get your upholstery deep cleaned.
- When there are lingering unpleasant odors: A clean, well-ventilated home should not have any lingering unpleasant odors. If you notice a smell only where your upholstery resides, that is a clear sign your furniture needs cleaning.
- When your upholstery loses its radiance: Continued exposure to light and regular use dulls the look of upholstery. It is not possible to reverse the aging process of the furniture, but upholstery cleaning can make it look new again.
- When it has been a while: Every six months to a year, have a professional upholstery cleaning. This will help remove any embedded dirt and oils in the upholstery fabric.
Schedule Upholstery Cleaning with the Pros at Mighty Clean Carpet Care Today!
Having your upholstery professionally cleaned not only restores the appearance, it also provides some health advantages as many allergens and pollutants are removed. Call our qualified team at Mighty Clean Carpet Care today to schedule a professional upholstery cleaning to bring life back into your favorite piece(s) of furniture.