A professional carpet cleaning is one of those things every home and business owner knows they should have done regularly, but often end up putting off. Ideally, residential carpets should be cleaned once every year and commercial carpets every 6 months (or more, depending on your business).
If you keep up with routine carpet maintenance (vacuuming, spot cleaning, etc.), you may not initially be able to tell when you’re past due for a professional cleaning. Eventually, however, you’ll start to notice a few signs that it’s time to call in the pros. These are five signs you should look out for:
- Odor: As carpets absorb dirt and grime from foot traffic, along with spills, animal hair, and other debris, they absorb the odor of all these things too. Carpet fibers can hold onto odors and not let go. Vacuuming with scented baking soda carpet cleaners can mask or even temporarily dissipate the odor, but lingering scents from things such as pet urine and smoke require a deeper clean. If your carpet is at the point where you can’t ignore the smell or it permeates your entire house or business, a deep cleaning is a must.
- Discoloration: Foot traffic and everyday wear and tear fade the color of your carpets over time. This dulling effect is due to a buildup of dirt in between carpet fibers. Fortunately, a deep cleaning will refresh your carpet in both quality and color.
- Something Doesn’t Feel Right: Run your hand over your carpet. Does your carpet pass the “feel” test? A dirty carpet will feel rougher than usual and matted down. Also, if you rub your hand across the carpet and feel grit or other particles, you’re likely feeling a host of dirt, sand, pet hair, and other debris that needs to be cleaned up. If your hand recoils after the feel test, it’s time to call a carpet cleaner. While regular vacuuming removes nearly all debris, professional cleaning is designed to pick up and extract what regular vacuuming cannot.
- Visible staining and damage: Tough staining and damage to your carpet such as tearing, flat/worn down areas, and shedding, all call for professional intervention. If you let these things linger, your carpets will not only be unattractive, but they’ll also be harder to maintain on a daily basis. Once dirt is packed in there, only a deep cleaning can get beneath the surface layer.
- Allergies: Dust, dander, hair, and other allergens get trapped in your carpet as time goes on. When they accumulate, they can start to spread around through the air, affecting air quality and triggering allergies. If household members or employees are experiencing new or prolonged allergy symptoms like congestion, runny nose, cough, itchy/watery eyes, and sore throat, your carpets may be the culprit.
If you’re seeing these signs of a dirty carpet, it’s time for a professional carpet cleaning to remove grime and leave your carpets feeling like new. Give us a call today to schedule your professional carpet cleaning!
Call Us Today for a Clean, Fresh Carpet
At Mighty Clean Carpet Care, we understand the importance of making your carpet look fresh, clean, and new. That’s why we offer Carpet Cleaning and Repair Services. Call Mighty Clean Carpet Care for a fast and friendly evaluation and estimate today at (703) 373-7444.